RCMP investigating threats online and in Tumbler Ridge, B.C., after shootings
RCMP say they are investigating threats that have circulated online and within the community of Tumbler Ridge, B.C., on the same day that the funeral for one of the victims in the mass shooting had to be cancelled.
Police did not offer specifics on the threats but said on Saturday that officers have connected with the mayor and community leaders to ensure ongoing communication and public safety planning.
“The RCMP is aware of threats that have circulated online and within the community and we can confirm that an investigation is under way. A safety plan is in place for the individual(s) and community as the investigation continues,” the statement said.
A message posted online by the Tumbler Ridge Chamber of Commerce and attributed to the family of Kylie Smith, who died in the shooting at the local secondary school, said her service had to be cancelled and that the family had been “moved to a safe location.”

